Suggestions for Buying a Necktie:
When shopping for a necktie, there are a few things to bear in mind:
1. You can try on the necktie to see if it ties a nice knot.
2. Polyester or a silk-polyester mix is used as fabric.
3. There should be some things on the inside of the tie to give the body a look.
4. You’ll need to order a personalized tie if you don’t want to stick to the regular necktie lengths of 52 to 58 inches.
5. Since high-quality ties are lined with 100 percent wool, the lining of a tie should keep its shape.
6. Good quality ties are cut across the cloth, which you can check by making a tie loop on your hand and if it twirls in the air, it’s not good.
7. Look for any threads or loose ends in the tie and inspect it thoroughly.
8. If you touch a silk tie and it feels rough, the silk is of low quality.
Any pointers to keep in mind when wearing a necktie:
1. Make sure the front end of your tie is long enough to hit your painter’s waist.
2. Tie colors that are too vivid should be avoided.
3. Wearing darker ties with light-colored shirts is a smart idea. It means the color shouldn’t be too bright to fade with your shirt or too dark to contrast with your ensemble.
4. The tie knot should be proportional to the collar, not so large that it stretches the collar out or so small that it disappears in the collar.
5. If you’re wearing a patterned tie, the color of the tie should match the color of your suit, while the shirt should be a secondary color.
6. When wearing a tie, a woolen tie goes well with a woolen suit, and a silky tie goes well with a silken shirt.
7. Stop using clips on a necktie by tying it in front of a mirror.
8. When tying your tie, keep your shirt buttoned and collar up.
9. When securing your necktie, keep the knot as secure as possible.